Thursday, April 24, 2014

I Mean Retire.

My goal: Retire in 10 years.

By "retire", I don't mean "do nothing". I don't mean "party all the time". I don't mean that my standard of living will go up. I don't even mean "stop working".

What I do mean is that I will be able to quit my day job, and not worry about how to pay for my family's basic living necessities-- housing, food, warmth, light, etc. What I do mean is that I will have the time to do work (and play) that I enjoy. What I do mean is that I will do work that I want, rather than work that I must. What I do mean is that I won't be tied down to live somewhere I don't want to live, just because "my job is there" or "I still have a mortgage to pay on our house."

No comments:

Post a Comment

It seems like everyone else has a disclaimer, so here you go. Consider yourself disclaimed. All I'm claiming is that I only claim what I claim I claim, and disclaim other claims I haven't claimed.

Does "claim" sound weird in your head now? It does in mine.